The library offers the following services:
- Reference Current Awareness Service (CAS)
- Selective Dissemination of Information (SDI)
- Inter-Library Loan
- Information Literacy Training (Instructional Service)
- On-campus Electronic Information Resources Access
- Off-campus Electronic Information Resources Access
- Study Space
Circulation is the central service point of the Daystar libraries. It facilitates customer care relations with students, staff and faculty in the borrowing and returning of information resources, as well as inter-library loan between the three libraries.
Africana and Special Collection Section
Each of the three campus libraries has a special collection section. The sections house a rich collection of Africana resources, local and international academic peer reviewed journals, magazines, newspapers, theses, research reports as well as government and NGO’s publications . Digitization, indexing and abstracting of local newspapers and magazines is one of the key functions of these sections. The services enable our patrons to easily retrieve essential information particularly on local issues reported in these publications.
Multi-media services are available in the three campus libraries. These sections are ideal for research purposes. The sections house computers for research, TVs, DVD and VHS players, and Radios. The activities that are provided for are:
- Listening to Audio- Cassette & CD’s,
- Viewing of videos cassettes, DVD’s and VCD’s
- Online research from the library’s e-resources
- The facilities are available for individual and group viewing. The library also caters for students with special needs.
Text Book Loan (TBL) Program
The TBL Programme was launched by the university to provide core texts to students to enhance their learning. The programme has 2,000 titles of books and 30,000 copies. Students can borrow a text for each course per semester.