Government Sets up Digital Platform for Job Search
The Ministry of Information Communication and Technology in partnership with Ministry of Education, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Public Service Youth and Gender Affairs and partners in the civil society and private sector have set up the Ajira Digital Program to bridge the gap between demand skilled manpower and unemployment.
The program aims at benefiting the youth to access digitally enabled jobs by providing requisite tools, training and mentorship needed to earn an income with dignity. In 2017, the Ministry conducted training for over 7,000 youths across the country.
The Ministry intends to scale up the implementation through universities and other institutions.
To this end, Daystar University will be doing the following:
- Establish a center for delivery of Ajitra digital curriculum.
- Establish Ajira club through the office of the Dean of Students whose purpose will be but not limited to:
- Create awareness of existence of online jobs
- Provide training to other students with the right skills to access online work and digitally enabled job opportunities
- Inculcate a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship as a source of income
- Be champions and ambassadors of Ajira digital program
Those interested in club membership can write directly to firstname.lastname@example.org