Prof. Rebecca Oladipo’s Profile
Rebecca Oladipo has been an Associate Professor of English at Daystar University for 20 years. She is known for possessing high linguistic skills, having taught English for over 30 years. She holds a Graduate Certificate in Education (Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria), Bachelor of Arts in English–(1977), MA in Modern English (1981) and a PhD in Linguistics both from Leeds University, England in (1986).
She is recognized as a distinct scholar and writer with several publications from her own creativity and experience. Including:
- Longhorn essentials of English (2015)
- General Research Methods
- A Modern Approach to Positive Parenting
- African Adaptation Process in English: A Comparative Analysis of Nigerian Pidgin English and Kenyan “ENGSH”
- A Synopsis of the Status of the Christian Family in Kenya
- Redeeming Christian Family and Marriage in Kenya
- Christian Perspectives and Research on Child Development in the African context
- Reading Habits among Continuing Education Students: Challenges and Prospects
- Challenges of Carrying out Research in Universities in Nairobi
Prof. Oladipo has wide experience in curriculum development, editing, and proposal development, thesis supervision, research and manuscript assessment.
Prof. Oladipo is a member of Linguistic Association of Nigeria, International Council for Higher Education, Kenya Non-Fiction Writers Association, Kenya Publishers Association, Public Universities Research Consortium of Kenya, Rassemblement Francophone Protestante du Nairobi, and Nigerian Prayer Group in Kenya.