- 2009 -2013:
PhD – Applied Mathematics - University of Nairobi; Thesis Title: Mutual Inhibition, Competition and Periodicity in a Two Species Chemostat-like Environment; (Conferred on 23rd August, 2013)
- 2009 – 2010:
Post Graduate Certificate in Academic Practice; York St. John University, United Kingdom
- 1999 – 2001:
Master of Science in Applied Mathematics University of Nairobi Project Title: Solution of Magnetohydrodynamic Flow Problem Using Laplace Transforms
- 1996 – 1999
Bachelor of Science in Mathematics (Summa cum Laude) University of Eastern Africa, Baraton
Current Publications in Peer Reviewed Journals
Kimathi G. E., Wasike, A. A. & Pokhariyal, G. P. (2013). Mutual Inhibition in a Chemostat-like System, American Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences, Vol. 2 No 1 pp. 19 - 29.
- Kimathi G. E., Wasike, A. A. & Pokhariyal, G. P. (2012). Global Asymptotic Behaviour of aquatic vegetation in a periodical mediated system, International J. of Modern Engineering Research, Vol. 2 No 5 pp. 3248 – 3256.
- Kimathi, G. E., Wasike, A. A., & Pokhariyal, G. P. (2012). Mutual Inhibition, competition, and Periodicity in a 2-Species Chemostat-like System, International J. of Applied Mathematics and computing, Vol. 4 No 1 pp. 77 – 86.
- Kimathi, G. E. & Singh, C. B. (2009). Steady Liquid Flow between Two Parallel Infinite Plates with Pressure Gradient Influenced by Transverse Magnetic Field, International J. of BioChemiPhysics, Vol. 17, No. 1.
- Kimathi, G. E. (2013). Mutual Inhibition, Competition and Periodicity in a two-species Chemostat-like System, PhD Thesis, University of Nairobi.
- Curriculum for Bachelor of Science in Actuarial Science for Daystar University – Submitted to Commission for Higher Education in March, 2009.
- Curriculum for Bachelor of Science in Mathematics for Daystar University – Approved by Commission for Higher Education in 2012.
- Kimathi, G. (2001). Solution of Magnetohydrodynamic Flow Problem Using Laplace Transforms, MSc Project, University of Nairobi
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy (UK)
- Member of Mathematics Association of Kenya
- 2009 – 2013 Mutual Inhibition, competition and Periodicity in a 2-Species Chemostat-like System
- 2009 – 2010 Retention and Attenuation Capacities of Selected Wetlands for both Halogenated and non-halogenated Hydrocarbons: Modelling and Speciation.
- 2009 – 2010 Effects of Student Centered Learning Approach on Student Attitude to Mathematics – A Case Study of Daystar University (Mombasa Campus)
- 2008 – 2011 Mutual Inhibition, competition, and Periodicity in a 2-Species Chemostat-like System
- 2005 – 2006 Effect of Birth Order, Family Size, and Age on Academic Performance
- 2000 – 2001 Solution of Magnetohydrodynamic Flow Problem Using Laplace Transforms
- Ecological and Biological Mathematics – Competition between Species
- Risk Theory
- Differential equations
- Dynamical systems
- Actuarial Mathematics
- Mathematical Modeling
- Fluid Dynamics – Fluid Flow between Plates
Seminars & Awards
- 2013 Data Analysis using Stata Workshop
2012 AuthorAID/IFS Workshop on Scientific Writing – African Academy of Sciences.
- 2012 Seminar on Mainstreaming Drug/Substance Abuse into the University Curriculum
- 2010 Seminar on Customer Service Skills
- 2009 Seminar on Risk Management
- 2009 Summer School on Abstract Algebra
- 2006 Wireless Broadband East Africa Conference
- 2006 Presented a paper to Baraton University General Assembly. Title:- Effect of Birth Order, Family Size, and Age on Academic Performance.
- 2005 Workshop on Improving University Teaching and Learning
- 2005 Content development Workshop
- 2004 Research Symposium on Challenges of Universities in Development
- 2004 Co-content Development Workshop
- 2002 Kenya Educational Network on E-learning
- PhD Research Grant – National Council of Science and Technology (2010)
- PhD Scholarship Award – African Mathematics Millennium Science Initiative – (2009)
- DAAD Scholarship to Pursue Msc in Applied Mathematics (1999)
- UEAB Research Grant to study Effect of Birth Order, Family Size, and Age on Academic Performance - (2005)
- Highest GPA Award, 1999 Senior Class
- Highest GPA Award, 1998 Junior Class
- Highest GPA Award, 1997 Sophomore Class
- Deans List 1999
- Honours List 1999
- Deans List 1998
- Honours List 1998
- Deans List 1997
- Honours List 1997