An educator and teacher by training, talented and experienced with excellent communication and public speaking skills, and leadership ability.
- PhD in Literature (Kenyatta University) 2012
- M.A. in Literature (Oxford Brookes University, UK), 1996
- B.Ed. (2nd Class Hons, Upper Division (Kenyatta University) 1986 - (Subjects: English Language and Literature)
- Daystar University Ethics Review Board- Member
- Kenya Oral Literature Association (KOLA): Member
- Editorial Advisor: Output, A Biannual Publication of Daystar University (2008-2009)
- Certificate in Guidance and counseling in the local church and community (2007)
Has participated in curriculum development of the following programs which were all approved by Commission for Higher Education (CHE)
- Curriculum Development: B.Ed. in Early Childhood Education
- Curriculum development: BA in KISWAHILI
- Curriculum Development: BA in French
- Curriculum Development: BA in Technical and Professional Communication (TPC).
- Curriculum Development: BA in Geography
- Curriculum Development: BA in History
Chapter in book
- Gachari R.M. & Oladipo R.M. (2010). Reading habits among continuing education students: Challenges and prospects. In F. Miya & P.Mageto (Eds.). Developing continuing education in Kenya, Nairobi,Kenya. Daystar University.
- Gachari, R. (2012). I want you to know,Valentine’s day Saintly march, and other poems In Ndivo L. and Musonye M.M. (Eds.). Heart to heart: Reflective poetry from Africa. Daystar University.
Publications in Refereed journals
Has presented several papers in international seminars and conferences.
- Gachari, R.M. ( 2002). Crafting Democratic Memory: The Question of Dilemma and Choice for Women in Kenyan Oral Narratives. InFABULA: Journal of Folktale Studies, 43 Band Heft ½, 85-93.
- Gachari, R.M. (2008). The Role of Art in Serving Mankind. In Perspectives, An Academic Journal of Daystar University, 1(1)22-39.