- Mr. Onyango is currently serving as a lecturer in General Management in the Department of Commerce in the School of Business and Economics. He joined Daystar University’s Institute of Christian Ministries and Training (ICMT) in 1999, from the Government Training Institute (GTI), now Kenya School of Government, Mombasa, as a lecturer in Leadership and management.
- From 1988 -1991 worked as a sports officer –cum part time lecturer in Business Studies, sociology, personnel management courses at the Government training institute (GTI) Mombasa, now Kenya school of Government (KSG), Mombasa.
- Between in 1992 -1999, after re-designation to Lecturer, he lectured and trained in Business and Management studies till 1999, when he joined Daystar University.
- 1999-to date, he’s been training in the field of General Management.
He has served as member at the Daystar University council, representing ICMT (staff) for a couple of years.
- B.A. Sociology (Honours) (1987), University of Nairobi (UON) – Nairobi, Kenya.
- M.Sc. Urban environmental management (UEM) (Distinction) (1997), Wageningen Agricultural University (WAU), Wageningen, & Institute for Housing and Urban Studies (IHS) Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
- M.A. Intercultural Conflict Management (ICM) (Distinction) (2013), Alice Solomon University of Applied Sciences (ASH) Berlin, Germany.
- Project Development and Management (PDM) and Training of Trainers- Direct Trainers Skills, at the Kenya Institute of Administration (K.I.A.), now Kenya School of Government (KSG), Nairobi, Kenya.
- Consultancy: He has conducted consultancies in management and leadership training assignments for NGOs, educational, and religious institutions.
- Peace building, Conflict management and transformation; Ethnicity-tribalism and governance
- Mr. Onyango is married, and blessed with two young adult children; a member of the Kenya Assemblies of God (KAG) Bahati Church, Nairobi, where he has served as a member of the church board and in other departments.