- Dr. James Karau is a senior lecturer of Economics in School of Business and Economics.
He joined Daystar as full-time faculty member in 2007. He has also taught at Kenyatta University and St. Paul’s University on part time basis.
He possesses extensive experience in university teaching and research in the field of Economics and has also participated in local and international conferences. He has also been involved in collaborative research with the Agricultural Research Foundation.
He is a member of Nairobi South Regional Council of the Fellowship of Christian Unions Colleges and Universities in Kenya. He is also the founding Chair of Lukenya Housing Cooperative
- Holds a PhD degree in Economics from Kenyatta University, Kenya. His PhD thesis focused on using one way fixed effects least squares dummy variable model to analyze Economic, Institutional and Governance Factors influencing FDI in East Africa Countries.
- Holds a Master of Arts (MA) degree in Economics from University of Nairobi, Kenya.
- Holds a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree in Economics and Sociology from Egerton University, Kenya
Research interest is in the broader field of applied macroeconomics, including:
- International Economics
- Real Estate
- Microeconomic and Macroeconomic Modelling and Time series analysis.