Mr Evans Ombima Amata is the Dean of the School of Business and Economics and one of the Directors of the Daystar University Enterprises limited (DEL).
He joined Daystar University in 1997 as a part-time lecturer and later in 2000 as a full time lecturer. Prior to joining Daystar University, Mr. Evans Amata worked for the Kenya School of Monetary Studies, where he served as a lecturer and consultant for a period of four years.
He has successfully supervised more than 50 MBA theses and participated in local and international conferences. He successfully led the Daystar University, School of Business and Economics in hosting the Nottingham-Daystar international conference in August 2015. He has been involved in the development of a number of academic programmes at Daystar University including; B com (purchasing and Logistics), BCom Law, MBA (2005), MSc Economics (2014), LLB (2015) and PhD (Business Administration) which is yet to be launched.
He has served Daystar University in many capacities including, Coordinator, Continuing Education (2008-2010); Chairman, Economics department (2010-2014) and Chairman, Daystar University multipurpose savings and credit cooperative society (2009-2013).
He is currently the Chairman of Daystar University Staff Provident Fund, a position he has held since 2010.
- He holds a Master of Finance and Control degree specialising in Accounting and Finance;
- Bachelor of Arts degree, specialising in Rural Industries, Management and Economics.
- He is at the final stages of completing his Doctoral degree in Finance from the Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology.
- Amata, E.O., Muturi, W. & Mbewa, M. (2016). Relationship between Macro-economic Variables, Investor Herding and Stock Market Volatility in Kenya. International Journal of Economics, Commerce and Management. U.K Vol. IV. Issue 8, August 2016 ISSN 23480336
- Amata, E.O., Muturi, W. & Mbewa, M. (2016). The Casual Relationship between Inflation, Interest Rate and Stock Market Volatility in Kenya. European Journal of Business, Economics and Accounting, 4 (6) 10-23 ISSN 2056 – 6018.
- Kituku, A., M. Amata, E.O. (2016). Determinants of the Uptake of NHIF Medical Cover by Informal Sector Workers: A Case of UNAITAS SACCO Members in Murang’a County. Journal of Public Policy & Administration. Vol. I, Issue No1, pp. 17-31, 2016.
- Kitilit, J., C., Bowen, M. & Amata, E. O. (2016). The Role of Agency Banking in Improving Financial Access in Kenya: A Case Study of Langata Constituency. Journal of Developing Studies Vol. I, Issue 1, No 1, pp. 61-73
- Mwende, J., Muturi, W. & Amata, E. O. (2017). Effect of Credit Card Incentives on Consumer Borrowing in Kenya: A Case of Commercial Banks in Kenya. International Journal of Academic Research in Economics and Management Sciences. Vol.6, No. 2 ISSN:2226-3624
- Mr Evans Amata is a senior consultant with Grassroots Development Consultants and has consulted in a number of areas related to Strategic management, Finance, Investment and Entrepreneurship.
- He is a judge for the Nairobi Securities Exchange youth investment challenge.
- He is a registered member of Christ is The Answer Ministries (CITAM), where he serves as a bible study leader.
- He is married and blessed with four children.