Dr. Dorothy Muthoka - Kagwaini is an Asst. Director for the Centre of Quality Assurance and an Accounting lecturer at the School of Business and Economics. She has a wealth of experience in accounting having worked in the Finance department for ten years as well as having nine years of teaching experience. Dorothy had an opportunity of teaching for one year at Hannam University in the College of Business and Economics based at South Korea. She was the first African to be recruited in that university. Dorothy also started an International English Fellowship at Suwon Yuljeon Church where she led for four years. She always shares her life’s journey as a way of building lasting relationships with her students.
- 2012-2016 Doctor of Philosophy in Accounting (Summa Cum Laude) at Hannam University in South Korea.
- 2006-2008 Master in Business Administration Finance Major (Magna Cum Laude) at Daystar University, Nairobi.
- 2002-2005 Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting and Business Administration (Magna Cum Laude) at Daystar University, Nairobi.
Muthoka D. (August, 2016). Tips on Living in Korea. National Institute for International Education Magazine, Vol. 1, No.1. Ministry of Education publication.
- Muthoka, D. M., Lee, J. S., and Sun, E. J. The changing role of corporate sustainability reporting: A standard issue. Korean Academic Society of Accounting (KASA) Newsletter, May 2016, Vol. 24.
- Muthoka, D. M., Lee, J. S., and Sun, E. J. (2016). The unintended consequences of applying IFRS standards: Regulators’ opinion. Korean Accounting Review, Vol. 41, No. 3.
- Muthoka, D. M. Doctorate student and an author. Jambo Kenya Korea, Summer-Fall, Vol. 9, Aug-Oct, 2014, Special Edition, p. 23.
- Muthoka, D. M.(November, 2014). My life in Korea. Korean Government Scholarship Programme in collaboration with National Institute for International Education, Vol. 1 No. 3.
- Muthoka, D. M. (2014). Exceeding Abundantly: Do you Know Who You Are? Singapore: Partridge Publishers.
- Muthoka, D. M. (November, 2010). Women in the halls. Council of Christian Colleges and Universities, monthly publication.
- Muthoka, D. M. (December, 2010). Determined to succeed. Output Magazine: A bi-annual publication of Daystar University.
- Muthoka, D. M. (2008). The Significance of the Finance Manager's Role in Governing Council Decisions of Private Chartered Universities in Nairobi and its Environs. Daystar University, Unpublished thesis
- Participation in the 2016 IFRS Foundation Conference and Special Interest. Held in Swissotel Zurich, Switzerland, 30th June - 1st July 2016.
- The Changing Role of Corporate Sustainability Reporting: A Standard Issue. Korea Academic Society of Accounting Conference, Daejon University, 21st May 2016.
- Overview of Corporate Sustainability reporting Disclosure: Case of Korea and Kenya.12th Conference organized by African Finance journal and the African Finance Association, Cape Town South Africa, May 20-21, 2015.
- How efficient is the Kenyan equity market: An empirical evidence from Nairobi securities market. 9th Conference Proceedings organized by African Finance Journal and the African Finance Association, South Africa, April 19-20, 2012.
- Seminar organized by School of Business and Economics at Nairobi campus. Presented paper on “Work-family Issues: A Case study of Daystar University.” November 29, 2010.
- Work-family issues: A case study of Daystar University. Conference Proceedings organized by Council of Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU) at Abilene Christian University, U.S.A., 28th September – 1st October, 2010.
- 2014 “Outstanding Performance Award” on Essay Contest on Studying in Korea. Awarded by: National Institute for International Education Ministry of Education, The Republic of Korea – Third place.
- 2014 “Usomi Award” for high educational achievement while studying in Korea. Awarded by The Kenyan ambassador to Republic of Korea and the Kenyan Community in Korea
- 2013 “우 정 상” on Korean Studies. Awarded by: Sungkyunkwan University, The Republic of Korea.
- 2012 “한국어 사랑상” on Studying in Korean. Awarded by: Sungkyunkwan University, The Republic of Korea.
- 2011 “Long Service Award” for recognition of dedicated service for 10 years. Awarded by: the Management Board of Daystar University.
- 2005 “Deans Award” and “Departmental Award” in recognition of Excellence in Academic Performance during the 2005 Graduation Ceremony
- 2016 – Dorothy received a ‘Certificate of Missionary’ from Yuljeon Presbyterian Church in South Korea to be their lay missionary in Kenya.
- 2013 – to Date: Dorothy is involved in community work at Kee African Inland Church where she was involved in helping to construct their sanctuary with the help of Suwon Yuljeon Church. She is currently helping with the Church Sunday school teachings.
- 2001 – 2012: Dorothy was involved with the youth at Bahati Presbyterian Church where she mentored the youth academically and spiritually.