- Dr. Irungu is a Senior lecturer in the School of Business and Economics of Daystar University.
- Dr. Irungu is a gifted trainer and consultant in strategy development, strategic planning, project management & change management.
- Dr. Irungu is the coordinator of Executive education in the institute of leadership and professional development (ILPD) of Daystar University (In charge of coordinating corporate trainings and executive programs).
- Dr. Dancan Irungu holds a PhD in Business Administration and Management. He has masters in planning and projects management.
- His areas of specialization are strategy, management of change, project management and monitoring & evaluation.
- Dancan, N., Mwita, M., Joyce, W., & Anne, K. (2015). Key decison Maker as the determinant of internationalization of medium sized entreprises: Lessons from Kenya. International Journal of Economics, Commerce and Management.
- Florence, W., & Dancan, N. (2015). Does Strategic Planning Improve Organizational Performance: Evidence from Kenyatta National Hospital in Kenya. International Journal of Economics, Commerce and Management .
- Julia, M., & Dancan, N. (2014). Determinants of successful strategic plan implimentation: Lessons from Kenya. European Journal of Business and Management, 6(33), 53-63.
- Dancan, N., & Joyce, N. (2014). How Firm Resources Influence Medium Sized Firm Operation Shift from Domestic to International Market. Kenya Journal of Technical and Vocational Education Training, 3, 140-149.
- Caroline, W., & Dancan, N. (2014). Does adoption of information technology improve firm performance? A survey of firms listed in the Nairobi securities exchange. Journal of Economics and Sustainable Development, 5(23), 106-111.
- Linda, M., & Dancan, N. (2014). Financial Literacy and its effects on women economic empowerment: Evidence from Kenya. Kenya Journal of Technical and Vocational Training, 3, 188-197.
- Caroline, N., & Dancan, N. (2015). How church owned businesses promote sustainability of the church: Case of selected churches in Nairobi, Kenya. International Journal of Economics, Commerce and Managment.
Dancan has research interest in the broader area of strategy and in particular:
- Change management, project management and institutional strengthening
- Internationalization of businesses
- Development of case studies for African businesses
- Dancan has consulted widely as a strategy advisor for public and private sector organizations both locally and internationally. He is currently the managing consultant for Technoserve Kenya WRAPS program, monitoring and evaluation assignment (a 15 months project sponsored by Rockefeller foundation).
- He was the national advisor on strategic plan and service charter deliverables for DEMA project (DEMA - Decentralized Education Management Activity – 18 months ministry of education project sponsored by GoK and USAID).
- He is currently the lead consultant for review of Daystar strategic plan 2011-2016 and development of the current strategic plan 2016 - 2021.
- Dr. Irungu was a principal consultant for FANIKISHA institutional strengthening project on strategic planning and project management (FANIKISHA was a national 5 year USAID funded project implemented by Management Sciences for Health (MSH), Pact Inc., Danya International, and Africa Capacity Alliance (ACA).
- He was the principal consultant for Interreligious council of Kenya (IRCK) and Kenya NGOs Alliance against Malaria (KeNAAM) in development of their project management and planning manuals.
- He was the managing consultant on the development of five year strategic plan for Takaful Insurance Ltd.
- He was engaged by Centre for British teachers (CFBT) as a member of think tank for a project funded by IFC World Bank where his role was to develop strategic tools and instruments on planning.
- He was the lead consultant for MuST (Muungano Support Trust) - an affiliate of Slum Dwellers International (SDI) in review and development of strategic plan.
- He guided development of strategic plan for Feed Children International, Kenya.
- Dancan has currently been involved in training Family Bank managers in the areas of strategy and management of strategic change through ILPD, Daystar University.
- He is the coordinator of Executive Education in the Institute of Leadership and Professional Development (ILPD), Daystar University.