Mercy K. Kaburu is a Lecturer at Daystar University in the School of Arts and Humanities. She joined Daystar University as a full-time faculty in January 2011 in the Department of Peace and International Studies, where she teaches International Relations and Security related courses.
- In 2017: Currently a PhD Candidate at United States International University- Africa (USIU), pursuing a doctoral degree in International Relations.
- Master’s degree in International Conflict Management from the University of Nairobi
- Bachelor of Education - Arts from Kenyatta University.
- Diploma in Education from Kagumo College,
- Diploma in Project Management
- Professional Certification in Monitoring and Evaluation from Kenya Institute of Management.
Research and Publication
- Decision making and Foreign Policy Process: Empirical, Ontological and Epistemological Contextualization of Kenya’s Diplomacy towards Somalia. (Awaiting Publication).
- The Role of International Actors in Mediating Violent Electoral Conflicts: A Case Study of Kenya, 2007-2008 (Unpublished)
- Foreign Policy Analysis
- International and Regional Organizations in Diplomacy of Conflict Management
- International Security.
- Mercy is Consultant with Local and International Organization in Peace and Conflict Transformation, Security and Project Monitoring and Evaluation.